From basic annual planning to advanced whole-hospital optimisations, Gooroo Planner makes light work of the biggest planning tasks.
Gooroo Planner is powerful online planning software designed specifically for the NHS. With one-day setup and easy automation, you can make up-to-date planning a regular part of your performance management.
Compelling visual analyses bring planning, capacity, and waiting lists to life, and built-in collaboration brings people together. So give the hard work to the computers, and get back the information you need to manage.
Gooroo Planner works out:
- All the basics (very carefully): future demand, activity, capacity, and waiting times – overall and week-by-week – for emergencies, electives, inpatients, outpatients etc.
- Along clinical pathways: from simple two-stage pathways to complex branched and cancer pathways.
- How to optimise the whole hospital, with options for constant beds and theatres through the seasons, while achieving waiting times targets every week of the year.
- Patient-by-patient simulation of waiting times, clearly showing the effects of clinical priorities, removals and other disruptions, as well as patient scheduling tactics and the imbalance between activity and demand.
- Compelling visual analyses of theatre/clinic utilisation, so you can see the patterns of late starts, early/late finishes, turnaround times and unused sessions, right down to the individual surgeon.
Professional and API licences include:
Unlimited remote support by email, support ticket and telephone, and one on-site support visit per licence per year.
Standard licences include:
Unlimited remote support.
The Planner API
The Planner API lets you automate Gooroo Planner, so your Gooroo users always have up-to-date plans across multiple scenarios without having to lift a finger.
Results are also returned to your system, where they can be picked up automatically by performance spreadsheets or dashboards, and compared with real-life outturns.
Then, whatever happens, you’ll always have a plan.
The data required
The minimum data required for a full analysis, including week-by-week demand, capacity and waiting time trajectories, patient-level waiting list simulation and theatre/clinic utilisation analyses, is:
Which service each patient was in, whether activity or removed for other reasons, the date, whether waiting list or not, clinical urgency, length of bed stay, and details of theatre/clinic use including timestamps.
Patient-level additions to the list
Which service each patient was in, and the date they were added to the waiting list.
Patient-level waiting list snapshots
Which service each patient was in, the census date of the snapshot, the date they were added to the waiting list, the date of their booking (if any), clinical urgency, and tooltip text (e.g. consultant and intended procedure).
…to describe clinical pathways, waiting time targets, and alternative performance assumptions.
Flexible to suit your data
All this is at whatever level of detail you want to model, e.g. by speciality, subspeciality, hospital site, etc. No patient identifying data is involved, and the system is very tolerant of fragmented data so you can upload from different data sources in different CSV files.
There’s lots more you can add if you want (either explicitly or by default), and if you miss something out completely then only the results that rely on that will be affected.
You can throw in more data at any time, even whole tables of scenarios (such as benchmark lengths of stay); Gooroo Planner will automatically stitch it into your data.